Compiler Error

So, when I try to add the ChooseNexyWaypoint C++ class…

Along with…

CompilerResultsLog: Error:   ChooseNextWaypoint.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl IGameplayTaskOwnerInterface::OnGameplayTaskActivated(class UGameplayTask &)" (?OnGameplayTaskActivated@IGameplayTaskOwnerInterface@@UEAAXAEAVUGameplayTask@@@Z)
CompilerResultsLog: Error:   ChooseNextWaypoint.gen.cpp.obj : error LNK2001: unresolved external symbol "public: virtual void __cdecl IGameplayTaskOwnerInterface::OnGameplayTaskActivated(class UGameplayTask &)" (?OnGameplayTaskActivated@IGameplayTaskOwnerInterface@@UEAAXAEAVUGameplayTask@@@Z)
CompilerResultsLog: Error:   C:\Users\kevin\Documents\Unreal Projects\Repository\01_TestingGrounds\TestingGrounds\Binaries\Win64\UE4Editor-TestingGrounds-7283.dll : fatal error LNK1120: 1 unresolved externals

When I try to recompile the ‘TestingGrounds’ Module in Developer Tools > Module, I got the exact same log as above except the .dll file is different.

And now the Developer Tools > Module option isn’t there anymore?

I remember something like this happening before and I thought I got it to work after rebuilding everything but that’s not working here.

Please Advise.

Do you have “GameplayTasks” in your .Build.cs file? e.g.
https://github.com/UnrealCourse/05_TestingGrounds/blob/master/Source/S05_TestingGrounds/S05_TestingGrounds.Build.cs

2 Likes

I tried this yesterday after finding it on one of your other replies… I must not have saved the changes before trying to compile again. :slight_smile:

Working now. Thanks.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms