Compiler error

hello my unreal engine give me this message and i cant fix it
PCH file built from a different branch ((clang-1001.0.46.3)) than the compiler ((clang-1001.0.46.4))
CompilerResultsLog: 1 error generated.
do anyone know how?

Hello,

I’m going to let you know what you can do when you find yourself in these situations (because you definitely will) and why.

The funny thing about IDEs such as Visual Studio is that odd things pop up from time-to-time and they can be royal pains. Notably, one of the first things to try can be cleaning the project or a deeper cleaning if the IDE provides it.

Other things like the IDE updates or different versions of any build tools or libraries can cause problems.

Other times there’s more crazy things such as a new IDE feature could cause a 16 hour long hunt (more or less) for why a problem is happening when it just needs a setting to be disabled.

So always always always search. Most of the time its already been asked and one or more solutions have been found. Every now and then you will find no solution and ask then or do things differently that will remove the problem.

In this case, just Google search “PCH file built from a different branch”. This brings up the first result as:

https://answers.unrealengine.com/questions/190801/info-error-pch-file-built-from-a-different-branch.html

From there you can see its probably because something is left over and needs to be cleaned or deleted manually. Cleaning might not work here so you may have to manually.

Even if you don’t use Xcode, this is still a valid result for fixing the problem. Just apply it for Windows or Linux. If you can’t do that then programming won’t go well for you.

And if this answer doesn’t work for you, try another search link or search until you find what works in your case.

2 Likes

thank you soo much you helped me soo much

If that answered your question please mark it as solved using the check box

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms