Compile from code editor of C++ component used in blueprints

After I modified code in the grabber.cpp and compile from the code editor then run the game I get errors from blue print that uses this component. After I open this blue print I found the grabber component is missing and need to be added it again !!. Is there a way to prevent this behavior ?

I mean the c++ component already in a blue print when get modified does not get deleted ? because imagine I use this C++ component in many blue prints I have to search and readd them all.

Have you seen the lecture on Live Coding? They should come back if you compile with Unreal closed or simply disabling it.

1 Like

the live coding lecture at the beginging of the course ? yes will watch it again. so another solution to disable live coding ?

Yes. Though you should compile then with editor closed every now and then as it will can delete the hot reloaded binaries that have accumulated.

I sometimes need to delete binaries, intermediate, saved folders then recompile to make things work again. I dont know why Epic ignoring to fix this for too long.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms