Compile error for some unknown reason

Hi guys!

I get an error when I try to compile and I don’t know how to fix it. I have the same code that Ben is using, as can be seen in this website (here)

I am using Unreal Engine version 19.2, and I’ve included the Engine/World.h header file in the header file for the TankAIController. In spite of that, I still get the following from Unreal’s message log:

Any ideas on how to fix it, why it might be happening and what I should do about it?

Best,

Brais

So I was able to “fix” the issue thanks to reverting back to a previous version of the project and adding the changes for the lecture once again.

Even though I’ve managed to achieve a working state again with all of the changes implemented, I’m not sure why it is now working after cleaning up the project. The code files are exactly the same and I just limited myself to doing the same things I had previously done, and now it’s all working. Any ideas as to why this might be happening?

Did you update Visual Studio around the time this error occured?

Hi mhdubose, thanks for your reply. I update it every time I see the yellow flag appear indicating to do so, can that cause problems?

Not problems, per se, but you can see an error like this. All you should need to do to fix it is run a “Clean” before you build. There’s also a “Clean and Build” option in Visual Studio.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms