Compilation Error in Epic Games/...MeshDescription.h

Working in Bull Cow, no issues yesterday with compilation, today after updating Xcode I keep getting 5 different FVertexID errors. I’ve rebuilt and relaunched the editor a few times but am unable to find anything about ‘error: loop variable creates a copy from type ‘const FVertexID’’.
macos 10.15.6
UE 4.22.3
Here’s the Compiler Log
Thanks so much for any help!

Did I post this in the right place? If not please tell me, I wasn’t too sure about the 2_bc_uc2 tag

which lecture are you in?

I’m in Bulls & Cows, just finished Quiz 4

Hey! Dont compile it! in VS Code I will give some steps:
1)Save your code
2)Open UE4
3)you will have a compile button over there, click on it.
4) Now after compiling you have a option called PLAY beside compile option. click on it and then you will see your game working.

I appreciate the response! I just tried that but unfortunately I’m still getting that same compilation error, I’m coming from a javascript background so idk enough about C++ and the compilation process to really sort through what this error is telling me, not finding much online either.
The PLAY button has always/still works fine, everything works well for that matter, it’s just when I try and compile

Hey, hang on, I am a Python Expert and came to C++, as you know if a person from python background learns C++ it will become very difficult, but still I found it easy doing it. Well, My only answer is not to compile in VS Code terminal, which you will find in next lectures. Now I am giving up to @DanM. Bye!

I believe we talked on Udemy? Doesn’t seem like Unreal supports Xcode 12.

Huh, I’m not on Udemy, must’ve been someone else?
So should I try and revert back to 11, or is there another way to work on a mac?

Ok so I was able to fix the compilation issue, I had to go into my MeshDescription.h file and manually add ‘&’ to all the const variables in those errors I was getting.

I’m glad it’s working now but I really only have the vague idea that I was copying a reference variable in those for loops and for some reason, whatever that means, that’s not good.
Do you have an idea as to what was going on/why I needed to change that?

1. It’s the engine code doing that.
  2. Is that it wasn’t using a reference so was copying each element on each iteration of the loop. References are covered in the course at some stage.
1 Like

gotcha, thanks Dan!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms