Comments and Ideas

Excellent course- start to finish. Excellent teacher! The pacing was perfect, with concepts and techniques presented clearly and reinforced with repetition before using Visual Studio Quick Actions to autocomplete code.

Idea: demonstrate how to transition from prototype models to finished models. For example, do you use prototype assets to lay out and test each level/scene and then swap out each wall and object only as the final step? Or do you start using finished models for level design?

I’m glad you enjoyed the course! Thanks!

Both methods can work, I guess it depends if you are primarily an artist or a programmer. For me I’m primarily a programmer and not very good at art so in my case I would leave the visuals as late as possible, that’s also why I always emphasize separating logic and visuals, so it’s really easy to swap out the visuals in the end.

But if you’re primarily an artist then perhaps you can handle the visuals earlier than that, having a better looking game with final polished assets can be a huge help in keeping you motivated.

So I would say experiment with both methods to see which one fits best with you.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms