Coloured extrusion challenge

Irony: finishing painting a cupboard in real life, escaping to 3D modelling for a break from painting, and ending up painting your 3D model! This is my extrusion challenge model (Kretinga Bernardine Monastery) coloured up a bit - with the back/hidden faces coloured to remind me later that I don’t need to put much effort into them!
Front:
KB Monastery coloured (visible faces)
Back:
KB Monastery coloured (unseen faces)

8 Likes

At least in Blender you do not need to wash the brushes out!

This may be just a personal attitude, but what if you want any other view of your model than this one? I would make the whole thing right. However your colouring plan to identify those sides is a good idea if it fits you intents.

1 Like

Oh, absolutely! I wouldn’t do this for a model I wanted to be fully 3D and not just a single angle render subject. I do sometimes lose myself in detail though, and marking off what won’t be seen in such a clear way will be a good means for me to focus that tendency in places it counts :smiley:

In this specific case, while I think I’m going to reuse the subject for a later section/challenge (modular building - Game Assets section iirc), the model itself will be constructed using a different method, so will be completely redone.

Privacy & Terms