Coloured and Ready Ork!

After something like two months (having a small kid constantly running around doesn’t speed up the process :wink: ), the model is finally ready to be animated, and I can’t wait to start rigging!

I’ve made a ton of mistakes along the way. I struggled with manual retopology, had to try it twice, before having any good result. I used some Solidify modifiers, when creating pants, bandana, boots and armour. These elements were then a kind of two-layered, which totally messed up my normal and cavity maps baking. I’ve often remade them and even edited them in photoshop. I’ve gone too far with multires modifier, often forgot to apply base, and even when I did, the shapes were too different from what I envisioned on a sculpted texture. Eventually, I had to remodel many elements again and finished somewhere around 60K faces. Still, I hope it’s quite good for animation or maybe a game cutscene? :wink:

But I’ve also learned a ton of new things. My experience with blender and 3D software so far was limited to something like few months of rendering ready-made models of some small plastic items. Now I feel like It has been a child’s play in a sandbox. I’ve moved a light year forward, and I plan to learn even more with Unreal Engine, Marvellous Designer, Zbrush, Substance Painter and of course more Blender :slight_smile: The course is not finished yet, but already I have to say thanks for this lesson :slight_smile:
As usual I appreciate any feedback!
EDIT: I painted the crevices on the body with much stronger, dark green, much better effect.

4 Likes

Privacy & Terms