CollisionMesh

after the lecture my projectile freezes instantly when it touch any Collision Object

FrozenBall

Can anybody explain me why it happens?

I’m having this issue as well. It’s because the root component is a static mesh and you need to set the root to a collision component. I don’t understand how they are able to get it working with the static mesh as the root component even though I added a simple sphere collision to the sphere mesh. Yet somehow even then it doesn’t work the way it goes in the tutorial.

Yes it has Collision but main reason is that it has not Simulation Physics, that’s why it freeze.
I don’t quit understand what do you mean here?

How did you guys fix this? My projectile either won’t move and falls to the ground with physics on, or it just freezes in mid-air when colliding with physics off.

it will fix in the next lecture

This thread went on but how’s this actually fixed had no clue, stuck and no idea how to fix it

Is this fixed, if so can somebody update your findings

Anyway found the problem on my own, for some reason from code the projectile doesn’t work the way it supposed to, may be it has something to do with collision of barrel tip to the place where the sphere is spawned, not sure, but it is resolved by pushing the projectile socket of the barrel little further away and that fixed it

Note Please don’t be SELFISH, when you guys fixed the problem, please elaborate your findings, you can’t imagine how much your findings can help others, trust me it will

2 Likes

Reason why it is working in tutorial is, we removed collision from the barrel and the turret somewhere in the middle of the course. To this point we didn’t restore it. So when the projectile is spawned at the end of the barrel, it does not collide with it.
And if you pay close attention on the projectiles Ben fired in tutorial, they get stuck on the ground when collided.

Privacy & Terms