Collider not working

I’m having an issue were the 2d circle collider I added to the head as trigger is causing my player to bounce uncontrollably of the world I’ve tried restarting it and adding more linear drag but it isn’t working it also doesn’t happen every time just sometimes

Hi,

In which course and lecture are you? Have you already rewatched the current(?) video at least one more time?

Howdy I’ve rewatched almost all the videos but I only actually noticed the issue at the addtorque to rotate video since that’s pretty much the first time I could ever hit my head and notice

With “Is Trigger” being ticked, the collider does not have a “solid” body, hence it is not supposed to bounce (according to the logic of Unity’s physics simulation). If your player’s head bounces anyway, there must be a non-trigger collider involved, which has got the same shape as your player’s head.

If you are sure that it is definitely the trigger collider that’s bouncing, you might be experiencing a bug in Unity. In that case, I would suggest to update Unity.

See also:

Thanks I’ll try that thanks for your time

If you still have this issue, I could recommend playing around with the gravity scale, mass, other components in the rigid body.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms