Coin & Health Capsule

I got the coin done rather fast but the capsule took me far longer then I anticipated. Fairly happy with the result though, I had to “cheat” a little for the bouncy animation to get the outline in so that sprite is 16x18.
Coin-Spin_scaled_4x_minifiedCoin-1-Spin_scaled_4x_minifiedCoin-25-Spin_scaled_4x_minified

Coin-1-Spin-12f_scaled_4x_minified Coin-5-Spin-12f_scaled_4x_minified Coin-25-Spin-12f_scaled_4x_minified

ezgif-3-9123d62786
ezgif-3-360ad3938a

Edit. Made a couple more coins.
Edit.Edit. Made slower-spinning versions with 12 frames because I wanted the coin value to be visible for longer. Ok I’m actually done this time, no more edits.

4 Likes

The capsule looks great, such a nicely put together animation, as for the coin I think it’s a perfect pickup icon in an rpg game or like the 2D Mario game where he tries to save the princess

It’s always ok to “cheat” in this context because it helps you learn more and more in the long run, you’ll eventually learn how to do a bouncy animation if you keep trying to look up how to do it, eventually it will stick

Great job with your animations!

1 Like

The capsule and coins look great, even though I think the coins are a tad bit too high! GG!

1 Like

Privacy & Terms