Code breaking upon upgrade to 4.19.2

Hey All, so I am trying to update my project from 16.3 to 19.2, and am having a slight problem… Essentially, I have been able to update the engine to 18.3 in a working state, however when I go up to 19.2, my controls break… Essentially I am unable to move until I either fire, or am hit, and then I appear to be able to move fine…I have no idea what could be causing this glitch, as the only thing I could think of was moving the player start. Other things that I have noticed are that I have no controller controls at all until, like above, I have been hit or fire with my mouse. Any thoughts? Thanks for any assistance that you can provide!!! My project is below:

So I don’t know why this fixes it, but using Daniel’s answer (the teaching assistant), I determined that my game starts acting properly when the focus of the running instance is changed to be in scope by checking the following option:

Editor Preferences > Level Editor > Play > Game Gets Mouse Control

Thanks everyone!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms