Client not connecting

not working at all for me. I have tried connecting from laptop to desktop without results. I thought I got it working once but can’t duplicate that success. I think I clicked the wrong button that time. My laptop and PC are both wireless running through the same router. I have also tried reversing direction, host on laptop and connect from PC. didn’t work. Any suggestions? I am stumped and going to get some sleep. Maybe a fresh look tomorrow will have better results.

I don’t know much about networking, but couldn’t it be, that you have to enable something in your firewall? Maybe it blocks incoming requests. I didn’t try to connect from one device to an other, so I am just guessing.

I know it’s pretty late now, did you get this working?

I had the same problem, here’s the steps I followed.

1. Double check your code is correct.
  2. Double check your project settings are correct
  3. Double check your NetworkManager inspector values are correct
  4. Turn off all antivirus
  5. Turn off firewall
  6. Set up PortForwarding on the computer hosting the server (Check out this website for help: https://portforward.com/)
  7. If that doesn’t work google your exact problem still, could be an ISP blocking port forwards or something.

Took me quite awhile to figure this one out. I was able to get things working using the lobby, from there I got digging into my system. I started updating drivers and software. In the end I found an obscure windows drivers buried within the wireless adapter. once that was updated the issue vaporized and also resolved a problem I was having with latency with Diablo iii. very frustrating, and am very thrilled to have resolved the problem.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms