Clicking remesh make my model like this

learning the 3d blender I am on the part where I need to do the automatic retopology but when i click the remesh button this is what happens any advice for this ?

1 Like

Lower remesh resolution.

Auto remesh is not a tool that works always very good. And there are other remesh products with a better outcome. And sometimes you need to do it manually!

For what are you using this model for?

If just 3D print, then no remesh needed.
If posing, then rig it with an armature and render the scene.
You only need remesh for low poly game and or animation sequences.

Thank you sir for the tips I will not be using this model for games just wanted to practice and have experience on modeling for now but I will definitely will make a model for a game in the future I am learning both 3d modeling and coding starting from no experience.Will I still be able to apply animations from mixamo using this model without doing the remesh part as it will be quite complicated on my skill level doing the manual method ?

1 Like

That image demonstrates one of the reasons such characters are usually modeled in a T or A pose. It keeps the arms away from the body, as well as setting them up for animation by being closer to the mid point of movement rather than one endpoint.

A much smaller mesh size will get around this but may stress your computer with a very high poly count.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms