Clickable Pickup

Object reference not set to an instance of an object in a LONG trail of .cs files (5 files)

Any ideas as to why?

Default pickup has Pickup script, Clickable Pickup Script
(side note: was NOT the same as video) and a capsule collider (without trigger set)

its child of a Bag has NO scripts

… when i hit play all if ine until i click the bag then nullReference Exception in those fives files

What would be a good way to proceed to fix this error?

I think is something to do with integration for sure…
Thanks

opps
forgot to mention that null exception is repeating must be in an update as well

The first step is to take a look at the extended callback stack for the error message. If you highlight the message, the console will split and you’ll see the extended details for the message. Nine times out of ten, the issue is on the first script and line number in the script… I’ve pasted an example of a callback, it’s not on an error, but it shows the pertinent details:

So in this case, the message (the first two lines) originates at Scripts/Saving/SavingSystem.cs:79, or line 79 of SavingSystem.cs. The specific method is GameDevTV.Saving.SavingSystem.SaveFile(string, object), which also helps narrow down the location of the message (in your case, an NRE, in my case a Debug.Log statement).
Post up one of the Call stacks and we’ll work through the issue.

This topic was automatically closed after 12 hours. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms