Class name of instantiated class in remote scene tree

I’ve noticed that when I look at the remote tree when I’m testing the game the instances that are generated in my code get generic names based on the base class of the object.
Both Rockets and Enemies get one instance that’s named Rocket or Enemy any other instances that are created during that properly named instance’ lifetime get called @Area2D@<num>.
Whenever the properly named objects gets dequeued another the next instance will bear the name again.
What governs this naming?

It’s a small detail but I’d like to know :slight_smile:

Thanks!

2 Likes

ive tried to tind out, but I cant get a definitive answer.

all i understand is that the instantiated children, each of the node names must be unique, so i guess its sort of like object pooling where it uses the next available lowest number to name the node, i guess there has to be some kind of convention to follow.

sorry i cant be any more specific on where it comes from.

the names, can be changed if stored in a reference once theyre instanced, but i tend to just let the engine handle them since i, more often than not, have them all grouped in a node container anyway.

DaZ

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms