Chinese chess queen

reused and adjusted the bishop to make the main body of the queen then used union Boolean modifiers to add the large collar, hair bun and crown head piece, however something went wrong in the process of adding multiple modifiers (I suspect maybe I needed to do one at a time or something idk) which left me with a bunch of intersecting geometry. So I had to go in and manually delete/merge a bunch of vertices as well as converting a bunch of N-gons to quads.

Took awhile but I’m pretty happy with the end result, could of added more details and made it higher poly, but I want to try and keep it as simple as possible as I’m intending to try and 3D print out the whole set once I’m done with this section. Also made some adjustments to the textures on the board to give it a more cohesive look.

4 Likes

Blender has a 3D add-on to check the model before exporting to printing.

3 Likes

I love the head dress on the queen. Nice one. If you do decide to 3D print your set, please share. I’m interested in trying 3D printing at some point, too

2 Likes

Awesome job dude! I love the queen piece :heart_eyes_cat: :heart_eyes_cat:. So much great details. And I love the green,blue and red wave textures on the board. Have fun and l am looking forward to seeing the rest of the chess pieces you come up with.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms