Chest Board Scene Progress

Hello Friends!
This is my progress so far after learning about the crazy shading node system, I tried my best to replicate glass, but could not really get it to look like my glass cup i was using as reference. But since I am new to blender I will have to cut myself some slack.

I am having a lot of fun learning from this course, i cant wait to learn more about this program :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

2 Likes

Looking nice. Glass can be hard to sort out. Being too clear can make them hard to see.

3 Likes

@NP5 thank you :heart: it really is confusing, i was messing around with different poly counts on some pieces and noticed that light refractions kind of helps with defining the shape of the glass, i just hate how long it takes to render the images because i have a old doo doo computer, i made some changes earlier today but im still waiting for it to finish rendering :sleeping:
i have about 2hrs 11Mins left untill it finishes :rofl: :sob:

2 Likes

Yes render times go up with transparency! Bane of our lives ageing computers.

2 Likes

I made some slight lighting changes

learned that my PC hates the cycle render engine

also every time i try to add a boolean wedge in the bishop, blender consistently crashes, thats the only reason I kept it out :confused: i can still do a lot within the eeve engine to where it is worth the headache,

4 Likes

Sounds like the computer is struggling, Cycles will work hard with transparency. Boolean ought not to be a major issue this simple.

2 Likes

I like your scene, the glass is a unique take on this. Have you thought about making your glass frosted? This may solve two problems:

1. It will make your pieces easier to see
  2. It may be easier to render (hopefully).
2 Likes

Sorry for lack of response, I was currently working with a hp zbook g3 with a i7 Intel Chip m1000m graphics chip and 32gb of ram, it was doing pretty good despite not being able to use cycles and extremely long render times :sleeping: :rofl:

so i took a little break and dedicated 100% of my time towards work until I saved up enough to build a machine
with an I9 12900k+ 3080ti + 64 gb Ram + z690 MB + 6T storage (1T SSD + 5 T HD)
i"m so happy i can finally jump back into learning blender without hardware restrictions :heart_eyes: :heart_eyes:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms