Chessboard not visible in Blender Render

All my pieces remain visible in blender render and cycles render. My chessboard is only visible in the cycles render.

I put a larger plane under it and it does cast shadows on the plane below it. It just isn’t casting shadows onto the surface of my chessboard

could you post a screenshot, please? Doing so will allow us to see what you are seeing
Save%20Screenshot

1 Like

I appended everything besides the chessboard into a new scene and no dice in blender render mode but I did get proper lighting in cycles. This next photo is my new scene with an entirely new chessboard and materials. Set to blender render and material view.

the information shown in this screenshot is the stuff we need to see to render assistance. Well, it’s actually all important but without this, or a very detailed explanation, we can do nothing to help

1 Like

I was able to make a new board and append it so that the issue isn’t there. I think what was happening was that the squares were both white and black somehow even though the material selector showed them as separate when i selected them. I can move on but I’d still like know what was going on there.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms