Chess scene WIP - Parenting challenge

I got a bit confused during this since I was 100% certain I understood everything, but while my pieces were following the board, the distance they covered was not even. Turns out… I forgot to turn off proportional editing.

Instead of doing math for moving the pieces (who likes math?), I used our very nifty snapping tool and set it to “Edge centre”. Selecting a specific axis while hovering over a different facing axis centred the pieces perfectly in the middle of each face.

I don’t know if this is supposed to happen, but I noticed that while the linked pawns all show me their vertices at the same time in edit mode, the bishop doesn’t - But changes I make to one bishop affect the other regardless.

Yes That proportional editing is annoying! When it is on and you do not realise it. Especially if the circle is very big and out of screen sight.

Odd on the bishops, linked should show all selecting. But if it is working no worries.

1 Like

Indeed! It’s always that circle’s size that catches me off guard. I still haven’t made it a habit to check if that’s off when things start behaving strangely, even though it’s happened a few other times too and yet; it’s the last thing that ever crosses my mind, funnily enough.

1 Like

Privacy & Terms