Chess final

Hey there,
These are my final renders for the chess challenge, I spent a lot of time on this, especially the knight (:triumph:). I learned a lot during this section. Tell me what you think, and any improvements you think I should do.

Edit:

The images had 2 small fixes:

1. The marble picture had the wrong black to white tile order
  2. The king + queen on the black pieces were on the wrong side
6 Likes

Welcome back.
Fun animation!

Good set with fancy knights. Knights are the testing piece of the chess set.
Hedging your bets with the checker board set up? One right one wrong! :grin:

1 Like

Thank you!

Ah yes, didn’t notice the mistake with the king and queen, I copied the collection and flipped it :rofl: :face_with_hand_over_mouth:

1 Like

The board itself is wrong too, I had not looked at the queen placement, lol, black square should be in left corner from player perspective.

Oh wow, nice catch, I’ll replace the images with a quick fix! :wink:

1 Like

Fixed! :grin:

1 Like

Man, I cannot even imagine how much time you spent on this one. But, I have to admit that the final result is truly great, so I guess it was worth it. Honestly, I have a special passion for chess. I have been playing it my entire life, as both my dad and my grandpa are chess teachers, so I had to love this game. I’m pretty disappointed that my kids don’t truly like it. But, my son accepted to take the courses from chessable.com, and he started to like the game more and more, and that makes me pretty happy.

2 Likes

Thank you, I appreciate the support, it did take a lot of time, but most of it actually went to the animation and to the knight, I made around 3 models of the knight before it looked acceptable :grin:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms