Chess Board (65. Mesh Objects Vs Mesh Data)

Hi, this is for the Chess Board challenge. (65. Mesh Objects Vs Mesh Data). Still in the dark about how to do textures and the Chess pieces, so I dunked a cup on it, just to make it look less bare. Liked the metallic look of it so applied it at the base stops and rings.

Followed the array method with the grid using a basic google dimensions search. Also found a base I liked and kinda roughly used it a reference, not 100% as I couldn’t quite get the curved angle right.

6 Likes

A fine reproduction. Although, it could be a bit brighter on my monitor…

Very nice reproduction of the reference.

Welcome to this site!

Thank You. Just found out about it over at Udemy.

@FedPete

Yes, find the lighting engine somewhat confusing. Use Cycles, but the camera view looks very different from the rendered view. Generally sharper and more brightly lit. Tried defaulting everything then playing around with the settings, but guess missing something.

2 Likes

If used “Viewport Shading > Rendered view”, it will use the selected render engine.
When Cycles is selected, it using a different lower sample amount in the “Viewport shader”.

Al other “Viewport Shading” possibilities, use a version of Eevee.
And Eevee is totally different then Cycles. It’s hard to make Eevee look like Cycles.

Are you sure, you are rendering with all needing objects, lights?
I see you have the camera options visible, so maybe you for get to activate a lamp on render time.

2 Likes

Privacy & Terms