Cheerful Number Wizard UI

Hey everyone! So I went with a cheerful child-like innocence game using Yotsuba (created by Kiyohiko Azuma and I highly recommend it as it’s dialogue is pretty amazing).

All of the screens are listed in the spoilers for each section with an explanation as to the colour/image choices =] Cheers all!

Start Screen

So the image itself is Yotsuba, a carefree kid who just wants to learn stuff. The text was chosen from my editor days as a translator for comics. The button colour is actually Yotsuba’s hair and when highlighted becomes the red on her shirt. I figured keeping all the colours from the character would be the least jarring to the eyes. The background of mint (?)… I just chose because I like mint and it worked well with Yotsuba’s colour palette.

I will add some dialogue at some point after I piece the rest of the project together.

Game Screen

The frame was a little bit tricky, so I took a different Yotsuba art (not sure who coloured this one in) and used her hair colour as the frame. The Player-Buttons are the same as the start button in terms of colour choice and the guess background-colour is Yotsuba’s shorts. Again, keeping the colours in the family so to say.

End Screen

This artwork is done by the amazing Antaris (with some slight edits from me), but I didn’t want to take out the watermark (that would be a bit cheeky and not cool). Though I can’t find the artist’s page anymore, please do hit me up if you find it! I’m not going to use this for anything other than this assignment.

The screen breaks from the mint background into a striped one, signalling the end or change in play. The colours used in the artwork are consistent with the rest of the theme, so I figure it would be nice to just leave it as is. I will include some end dialogue eventually, but I want to string everything together before I do that.

1 Like

I’m so happy you made this :slight_smile:

Privacy & Terms