Checkered Past

I have past 4.65, and created my first checkered board:

I had an “Aha!” moment prior to the instructor asking us to make 2 arrays. I could see where he was going with this considering the myan section dealing with the steps.

On the other hand, I cannot say the same with the c++ course. I get the “Aha” after the challenge when he has explained it AND I analyze my code to see how it works as a whole. Then it begins to click together.

Besides that, I had to have some fun with the extrusion again…

They are mostly the same shape twisted around with the array and the screw option added on top of it. The one looks like a mechanical wheel, another a slide-thing, and the third a drill bit. I would not use the 2 main shapes again for this because of their memory hungry complexity and mere impracticality, but the results will be nice to file away for later.

Screw: will be nice for the Lightbulb in the lamp section coming up to give a nice thread to the bulb bottom I think.

5 Likes

Yes even if not seen it is a challenge to do!
Try the screw modifier and research and get the thread dimensions correct! :grin:

3mm nut and bolt.

3 Likes

Same feelings.

1 Like

It should not be a challenge, @NP5 , when I will have you as my guide. Each critique will stunt my pride and show my where I went wrong, so long as the guidance will explain what to do right as well :slight_smile:

1 Like

Privacy & Terms