Charcter Aiming problem

I have implemented impact particle effect and muzzle flash but the problem is with camera movement and aim location. I was able to move left and right and shoot but when i move up and down the camera moves but the aim location (i.e debug line) goes only in horizontal left and right but not up and down.When I move the mouse along Y axis the camera moves but the player was unable to shoot up and down.

ezgif.com-video-to-gif

This is my fire function code

void AShooterCharacter::Fire()
{

/*Attach muzzleflash particle effect to Muzzle_01 socket of Gun
	GetMesh() is to get the parent of the gun mesh i.e wraith character mesh which has gun by default*/
	UGameplayStatics::SpawnEmitterAttached(MuzzleFlash, GetMesh(), TEXT("Muzzle_01"));

/*Get the starting location and rotation of the Line trace which is the Muzzle_)1 socket location
	in the gun attached to wraith mesh*/

FVector Start = GetMesh()->GetSocketLocation(TEXT("Muzzle_01"));

/*The rotation is important to make the line trace to go at proper direction at all rotation*/
	FRotator StartRotation = GetMesh()->GetSocketRotation(TEXT("Muzzle_01"));

/*The end location of line trace is start  added with the rotation Vector() gives forward vector in any 
	rotation multiplied by range(100.0f)*/
	FVector End = Start + ( StartRotation.Vector()* Range);

//Debug line
	DrawDebugLine(GetWorld(), Start, End, FColor::Green, false, 1.0f, 0, 1.0f);

FHitResult HitResult;

FCollisionQueryParams params;

params.AddIgnoredActor(this->GetOwner());

bool DidHit = GetWorld()->LineTraceSingleByChannel(HitResult, Start, End, ECollisionChannel::ECC_Visibility, params);

if (DidHit)
	{
		UStaticMeshComponent* HitMesh = Cast<UStaticMeshComponent>(HitResult.GetActor()->GetRootComponent());

if (HitMesh && HitResult.GetActor()->IsRootComponentMovable())
		{
			UGameplayStatics::SpawnEmitterAtLocation(GetWorld(),ImpactEffect,HitResult.Location);

HitMesh->AddImpulse(FVector(1, 0, 0) * ImpulseAmount);

}
	}

}

And I used this method for character animation blueprint. Is this a problem for not able to aim up and down?

That isn’t implemented until 50_SS Aim Offsets

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms