Characters fingers stretching

After I have followed along the retarging I noticed the characters hand is streching and I made sure all the bones were set to none if it had the wrong targets. Such as the spine and head mentioned in the video Timestamp 9:41

1 Like

First thing I would check is that both IK goal targets are set for both hands. Then I would check if the fingers were turned off in the targeting options. Most of the items are in video 9_AM_EAA though, not 10 from what I can tell. If those settings don’t fix it, I would change the values to exactly what’s shown in the video for the upper and lower arm rotations. If it’s too far off, the targeting can get wonky.

If all else fails, you can download my retargeter from the project’s GitHub which has all of the values set just like in the video, so that should let you retarget any Mixamo animation.

1 Like

Not sure if your saying I need to add a goal for the bones in Ik rig?

I also tried changing all the Source Chains from none to the arms if it seemed right but it kind of just made it worse.

The retargetor when imported gives me a error. Unknown Extension:
Unknown Extension “.uasset” - Development / Platform & Builds - Epic Developer Community Forums (unrealengine.com)

1 Like

What you’d want to do is download the whole project, open it, and then right-click on the retargetor and select Asset Actions > Migrate. That’ll let you migrate the retartgetor (and possibly assets associated with it) into your project.

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms