Character will not transition to running animation

I am using Unreal 5.2. My character plays the idle animation correctly at first. When I go to move, instead of playing the running animation, she just freezes in the idle pose and slides around. Anyone have any ideas? Thank you so much.

How are you calculating your Movement Speed? You did that “Get Actor Velocity > Get Length” thing?
Make a Print String of your Movement Speed for some insight in what value it’s outputing

Hi, thank you for responding so quickly! I did do that part. I tried to add a Print String, but I think its in the wrong spot because it is not executing either.

So it looks like it’s unable to cast to the BP_Marine for some reason…

It’s usually a better policy to Cast to something in BeginPlay and save the reference if possible, then just use the reference when needed instead
Since AnimBP works kinda asynchronous with other blueprints, it’s possible that Casting fails
But the reference for the owner will aways be the same, so just save as a variable and use that instead

I see, thank you. It works now :slight_smile:

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms