Character stuck on ladder

Hi!

I can climb up & down the ladder, but I cannot get off the ladder or walk through it. What might I be doing wrong?

As well, when I climb the ladder, I cannot go through the rock at the top. My guess is that with these two problems, the issue must be my player?
2021-12-24_09-55-40
Thanks!

2 Likes

Hi Steven,

Welcome to our community! :slight_smile:

How does the collider of the “rock + ladder” tile look? Does it look like the collider of the rest of the ladder? And is that tile part of the “Climbing” layer?

Thanks Nina, for the reply and the welcome! I’ve been wanting to learn programming for a LONG time, and this course has been very helpful so far.

The rock and ladder are two different layers. The ladder collider is shown below…

…and my rock layer is shown below (it’s a little hard to see, so I added arrows):

Here is all the information about my tilemaps:

Thanks for your help!

Steve

Ignore the question - I’ve figured it out :slight_smile:

What I did was this:
Vector2 climbVelocity = new Vector2(moveInput.y * climbSpeed, myRigidbody.velocity.x);

What I should have done is this:

Vector2 climbVelocity = new Vector2 (myRigidbody.velocity.x, moveInput.y * climbSpeed);

My fault for copying and pasting too much :stuck_out_tongue:

Steve

1 Like

Good job on solving the problem yourself! :slight_smile:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms