Character Creator lesson 58

So I am following the belt buckle creation and I am running into a weird issue. I created the single vertex then extruded them to create the buckle outline. I then extruded and scaled the vertices as shown. However when I go to add the subdivision surface it gives me a weird shape. It took me a bit to get the normals in order on the buckle however when the modifier is applied its just weird. I have photos below.

Before subdivision modifier

After

For the after I selected all and hit shift N in edit mode but the normals are still out of wack

1 Like

Ok I got it working turns out instead of extruding the buckle to the back I extruded to the front and now everything works. Sorry for the time waste

3 Likes

Actually I think it’s awesome that you’re not only answering your own questions, but that you’re also posting your solutions for others to see. The only thing I’d suggest is that you mark the topic as Solved so that the TAs know the issue is closed. Makes their lives a little easier =)

2 Likes

Thanks and I will start marking them as solved.

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms