Character Creator Course - WiP First Modular Car

Some more good hard surface modelling practice. Lots more to do in this section, but making progress I am.

Can’t wait to get to the character sculpting process cause there is a VR app called shapelab that lets you do 3d sculpting much like blender but with your ‘hands’ (controllers). Which is probably more intuitive than my graphics tablet. If it was a graphics monitor maybe the story would be different.

3 Likes

Looks intuitive but is also very inaccurate and tiresome.

1 Like

Have you tried it pete?

1 Like

No, but I do sculpting. And for this you need very accurate coordination. For which most designers use a graphic table. Like working on the detail of pen and paper.
I’ve seen vid’s with 3D User Interface it works, but it’s only useful on block modeling.

2 Likes

Can’t see VR being of much use practically. But then I prefer a mouse to a tablet too. But I dare say some will find it usable.

I can see it being useful, but probably requires practice a ton much like any other tool. The issue with it is, it is not going to give you the accuracy like said before, but without using it myself I prefer not to judge it. I will probably do this to give it a real test. I have the dragon sculpting course here, once I finish it using my pen and tablet, I will try to do the same process inside the VR app and compare it on time taken, result quality, and other metrics.

I think I just like the idea of seeing my work in VR. Who knows.

1 Like

I tried to sculpt using Wacom pen, but I find it easier when I use touchpad :man_shrugging:
For me, apple touchpad really fluid when working on blender. But to each on their own right?

1 Like

Privacy & Terms