Changes to position or rotation in the Timeline are not right

When I attempt to rotate my player rig on an axis or slightly move the rig’s position in the timeline

Its really janky and not smooth like Ricks demonstration. Also when trying to rotate in the timeline everything rotates around the axis not on it, if that makes sense

should be like A. but is acting like B.

Hi Kontroll,

Have you already tried to click the right mouse button in the window with the curve? See ‘Editing Tangents’ in the manual. There are different options.

Rotation Interpolation Types’ might also be interesting.

I hope this helped. :slight_smile:

See also:

Yeah, no I had to delete everything and start new. I tried resetting all of my player rig positions and ended up with if I moved on any axis whilst recording it would just completely randomize the location of all children’s transform position of my player rig. I would slightly adjust on the y axis and end up with for example 42.89765586689e9 as the position. No idea whats going on with this section of the course but its doing my head in

Unity internally works with quaternions but we work with Euler angles. The conversions sometimes cause unexpected problems, which are mathematically correct but not what we want. If the animation is too complex to edit the values manually, it makes sense to simply delete it and redo it.

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms