Challenge.. I got carried away

Model is reeeally zoomed out. Pobably due the massive plane :stuck_out_tongue: Only thing that was not teached in the course up to this point was Booleans ( to punch the missile holes, did some searching and found out), everythign else is insets, extrusions moves and cut/slide…

Time: 3h and 1/2

1 Like

Wow! that is really awesome! did you really do this only with the knowledge of the video’s so far?

Indeed, canons are extrusions of cylinders, holes are insets with negative extrusions so is cockpit frame, (except for the missile holes. Had to search how to use use booleans xD). Legs are cubes with bevel applied 2x to round the edges, pins are cylinders. The vents at the top were made the same way as the steps of the Mayan pyramid steps.

Just think of 3D modelling like VERY versatile lego bricks :stuck_out_tongue:

Edit: i had some notions of 3D modelling on college, all on Autodesk 3dsMax. Although it was a shallow approach, this, technical drawing and lego helped me to develop the “3d thinking”.

The more you play around with the tools the easier it gets. You can go far with the basic tools presented up to now. For example, yesterday I TRIED to model a Turbofan airliner engine, i got close enough. :stuck_out_tongue: Using all the same tools, extrusions insets, resize, move…

Privacy & Terms