Challenge Accepted! Hello beautiful people

Hi! My name is Viola. I am a 2D/3D artist in Sweden. I’ve been working with Maya and 3Ds max with my previous jobs. Right now my current company wants me to migrating myself to Blender. So here I am…

To be honest, It feels like cheating on my long relationship though.
Maya and 3Ds max are like my long term boring boyfriend.
He gives me comfort and security but you know…same old… same old.
Now I am just start seeing new hot babe(Blender) All new and hot. I am very excited!

Anyway I am here to say hi and now I am going back to my course. :smiley:

2 Likes

Haha, welcome! so you’re a bit naughty :stuck_out_tongue: Hope you can enlighten us one day on the pro en cons between them?

2 Likes

Absolutely! :smiley:

Good luck with it :slight_smile:

Hi @deviolantte , if it’s not a secret - please tell why the studios are switching to a blender?
As one friend said: a blender is a monster that mutates with wild speed in the laboratory))

Hi! I am a 2D/3D artist. So my previous jobs I had been working on both 2D and 3D. I am working as a 2D artist at my current company. Recently, they decided to exploring 3D option to see how can 3D art improve our work pipeline and since I was the one who has most experience with it. I’ve work on proof of concept which went very well and now we are starting to plan 3D work to our current pipeline but the cost of Maya or 3Ds max are very expensive and they don’t think that invest money on such an expensive tool is such a good idea when we are not 100% sure about how much 3D will be adding in our product yet. They knew about blender and asked if I am comfortable to migrate to it. I said no and I think it is important that I have to dig deep to blender first to be able to make my case later if we should continue using blender for our bigger and full 3D production or we should switch to Maya or 3Ds Max instead.

It’s all about money baby! :smiley:

Thanks for the detailed answer, very informative …
Some guys from the studio say that they have the entire gunsmiths department transplanted into a blender, well, the presence of good addons and the price of the blender was the deciding factor)))

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms