[Certified in NYC] + Some Exam Tips

I took the Certification exam last weekend (August 27th) and passed. There were a total of 12 of us taking the exam. I had taken the Complete Unity Course, the Unity Physics course and this one over the past year and a half.

Although I passed with a score of 82%, I felt I got clobbered on a few sections that I felt I should have performed better. There were times during the exam where my brain just kind of “locked-up”. My advice… the test is 90 minutes.
1. Take your time. There is plenty of time for the exam… use it. I also over-studied to the point where I used the questions from this course a bit too much to the point where I got too familiar with the section quiz questions and the mock exam quiz questions. Too familiar to the point where I was already anticipating the answers when I saw them appear on the screen and I was no longer figuring-out the questions. So,
2. Don’t overuse the quiz questions provided here. Instead, you may want to do a mental exercise while going through the questions a second time of asking yourself why the other answers provided are wrong and/or what the other incorrect answers are referring to.
Here is a screenshot of my results that shows the weighting of the questions to give an idea which sections (for me) were more intense

3 Likes

Congratulations on passing, and thank you for sharing this extra advice

Firstly congratulations! That’s a very good score and the fact you wanted more just shows how great you are :wink: .

Where there any of the questions in the course that may have mislead you in the exam? If so, let me know which ones so that I can make some tweaks.

How did you find out about the test in NYC. I’ve been writing in the forums and emailing Unity to have them do a test in NYC and it seems they don’t have any planned (or even anywhere in the United States at all) :frowning:

I actually found out about the Certification Test by accident; Like you, I actively searched for test dates and locations, including signing-up on the Unity mailing list in order to be notified for a test in my area. I never received that notification email from Unity for the NYC test. I realize this is a frustrating pursuit.
All I can suggest is to periodically check on the Unity site for test dates and locations. Also, I would suggest signing-up for a number of the NYC Meet-Up groups. As it turned-out, I had just completed the Udemy Certification Study course when I checked-back on the Unity site for test dates and locations. The test was scheduled within two from when I found the notification. I also found a Certification study prep meeting on the Meet-Up groups. By the looks of it and from what I hear, the testing doesn’t get scheduled too often. I would say just keep actively searching and one or two a year should pop-up (without proper notification).

Privacy & Terms