Cav texture bake not working for me

Hello guys, I see I am not alone in having an issue with the cav texture.
As far as I can tell everything has been set up correctly following the video, however, I get and error message when I try to bake this:

I cannot proceed from here, I am using Blender 3.6.1, any thoughts please?

Wishing you all the very best, Pete.

1 Like

Looks like you have beams cav.001 and the process is looking for beams Cav. Do you have an extra unused material slot?

1 Like

Hello there NP5, thank you very much for the reply, really appreciated, I had not noticed that. :blush:

I tried to match them up and the bake will start but the % bar just dissapears at 0%:

If I move the mouse I then see this:

Here is a further shot of errors that come from trying different things:

Sometimes when I try the bake Blender just crashes, I think that might be I did not have the colour space box set to non-colour, not sure.

Could it be myPC just does not have the capacity for this operation? It struggles with cycles and whenb I am using the sculpt mode sometimes but up to now I managed to complete all previous operations so not sure.

Any thoughts please anyone.

Take care and be safe.

Wishing you all the very best, Pete. :smiley:

Hello again, I have now managed to get the cavity bake done, I moved out of the background screen I was in and everything worked!

I guess that is problem solved, or at least I hope so, with England playing today I don’t need additional stress. :wink:

Again, thank you very much for the quick response and help, really
appreciated. :sunglasses:

Take care and be safe.

2 Likes

Very good to hear it is solved.
No chance England will take a early big lead and save all that stress for the nation! :rofl:

Not a hope, in all my years of watching football it never happend, we English are used to the trauma by now. :rofl:

I was born in 1963 so did not see the 1966 event so have been waiting all my life for this one, at least the ladies already did it so not so hard to bare these days. :wink:

Anyway, the course, I managed to finish that section and successfully completed the follow on activating the cav texture so all is good now, painting the log texture up next, hopefully that will be without a hitch.

Take care and be safe.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms