Castle Pre Shading

. . . aaand now I want to switch to digital. Good advice from Grant to not get too far into detail before adjusting structures, I’d have liked to have changed scale and position on a few things in the composition.

Had a lot of fun and learned a lot despite spending more than recommended time (sorry prof. will be practicing working fast on other pieces!) I’ve been so nervous to shade this that I’ve been trying different shading techniques on spheres, that is def. something I need to practice. I can see how productivity could be boosted with a digital approach once one gets used to the tools.

Floating castle invites concept design. My solution is the inhabitants of the kingdom hitch rides on dragons.

3 Likes

Beautiful artwork. Make a photocopy and or scan your image to try out shading.

1 Like

I like your worldbuilding solution. I would love to hitch a ride on a dragon! Also, your drawing skills are super great, can’t wait to see this shaded :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Very nice!! The rock detailing on the house is impressive & the dragon makes it so much cooler.

3 Likes

great idea! our printer has been busted for a while but I could take to kinkos. that would be a faster way forward than getting up to speed with a tablet this early and I could preserve the original. Thanks!

1 Like

Thanks for the encouragement! Gives me some motivation to keep at it :smiley:

1 Like

Thank you! Animals and texture are both things I’m looking to improve on, so I appreciate the feedback that they are improving the overall image

Privacy & Terms