Castle Kingdoms Assets - What are they like inside? and other questions

Hi, I like the new Castle Kingdoms megapack you released and have a few questions, if you could help?

1. It looks like the buildings can be entered, and there is furniture to, well, furnish them, but what should I expect the inside of a building to look like? Are the walls identical front and back? Will there be wierd mesh overlaps in corners on the inside (because they are designed to look good on the outside)? It looks like there is a timber column on one end of the wall, that the next section ā€˜slotsā€™ into, so this probably isnā€™t going to be a problem.
  2. What are the materials/textures included? Iā€™m gathering grass, water, etc.
  3. Are assets such that I can change colours in Unreal, or would I have to rework them in Blender (i.e. if I want a more vibrant tree colour, can I change the material on the foliage separately to the trunk)?

Thanks!
Matthew

1 Like

These are great questions.

I also would like to know what engine versions these were made in and how we* actually download the files to use them. I own two of the older Unity Packages from their asset packs and when I download and try to open them nothing happens.

does anyone know when the sale might end on the megapack? Iā€™d like to get it but would really love the answers to the questions from Mattat and myself.

Iā€™m waiting on answers to the other questions but the one I do have is that the buildings do not have interiors.

Thanks for that part @Tuomo_T. Do you know if there is an internal mesh at all? I assume it is just a mirror of the exterior?

Thanks.

Edit: Actually, looking at it the huts are probably solid. Iā€™m assuming the casle walls are mirror images on both sides, as they are modular. I had assumed the village was modular too, but probably not, which is a huge shame as there is little point in a village of solid buildingsā€¦ But then again, solid buildings doesnā€™t really gel with ā€œMaking sure your village isnā€™t just another place but a breathing, living realmā€, does it?

@Tim_Ruswick, maybe you could answer these questions?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms