Casting to FPSGameMode and setting SessionState doesn't work...why?

The way the session states were run in this lesson seemed a little…illogical. It seems there was a lot of setting the session states but nothing was actually called from the Session State. He would always just call the function directly which seemed to defeat the whole purpose of session states. So I have mine setup a bit differently so it uses the session states. So instead of setting session states at the beginning of a function, I set them up at the end of a function where it needed to be called.

Everything seemed to work fine until I hit the “PlayerDied” function, it appears that this functionality doesn’t work:

I can’t seem to set the Session State Variable from FPSCharacter. If I call the “Player Died” function directly from the Cast, it works perfectly. The problem is that I have an essentially dead Session State for “Player Died” which doesn’t need to be set or run because I’m calling the function directly. Is this a bug maybe?

This topic was automatically closed 20 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms