Cast from Pawn to UE4ASP_Character is failed

So, as the title said, the cast inside of UE4ASP_HeroTPP_AnimBlueprint is failing.

though the name of the object class, which I get from the Try Get Pawn Owner is the UE4ASP_Character_C:

I also get some strange warning logs:
LogScript: Warning: Accessed None trying to read property CallFunc_TryGetPawnOwner_ReturnValue
UE4ASP_HeroTPP_AnimBlueprint_C /Engine/Transient.World_0:PersistentLevel.SkeletalMeshActor_0.SkeletalMeshComponent0.UE4ASP_HeroTPP_AnimBlueprint_C_1
Function /Game/NPC/Animations/UE4ASP_HeroTPP_AnimBlueprint.UE4ASP_HeroTPP_AnimBlueprint_C:ExecuteUbergraph_UE4ASP_HeroTPP_AnimBlueprint:0582

I also should confess, that I’m using 4.17 with the Animation Started Pack, which is currently targeted on 4.4 - 4.16. However, at this stage I hope that the problem can be solved without the recreation of the project under 4.16.

Hi there,
I am having the very same problem. Project is on 4.18, and animations are compatible with 4.18 … no idea how to procede :confused: any suggestion?

Ok then… it seems like I found the solution.
https://forums.unrealengine.com/development-discussion/animation/87448-is-creating-an-aim-offset-tutorial-outdated
I entered into the npc blueprint, set it to inherit from ue4asp_character, and after that it all went silksmooth.
still, can anyone enlighten on why it this happened?

Have no idea, why it’s happpening, but I’ve solved this problem by creating a reference to the ue4asp_character instead of using TryGetPawnOwner.

Privacy & Terms