Canvas size with Krita

When using Krita in my 10 sword challenge I’ve used “16x10” template as Grant was showing in his YT video. But also I was fairly zoomed out so on average I fit just 3 swords in one layer. I try to “draw big” to force myself to use shoulder more (when I use just 1/4 or even half of my screen -> I see that I tend to draw from the wrist). But the limitation is that I just see a few sketches at once, hide the layer, do another ones.

Is it ok, or is it better to zoom in/out to have them on one page. Or maybe use bigger canvas size to work with more resolution?

4 Likes

You can just use high resolution and zoom in or you can use the same resolution you are using now and scale the swords down when your page is full.

2 Likes

I did that for monsters and it’s better. Though Grant in his (yt) video recommends using this setting

:thinking:

It would be great to see Grant’s settings while he works on the course :slight_smile:

1 Like

I usually go 4000x4000 and zoom in to 100% and just sketch around. that way you can sketch on the whole screen and still have room for more. and then just pan around to add more ideas

3 Likes

@Grant_Abbitt Note settings in the course.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms