Canvas Problem

I’m having a problem trying to modify the rect transform of a canvas in a game template. It is greyed out. I didn’t see an option to open/unpack the prefab to access the values of the transform. I want to modify the size of the UI window for merchants and so forth. How else can I troubleshoot this? I am also using Unity 6.1 here.

Look just above the transform in your screenshot. There’s a message that tells you some of the values are driven by the Canvas. You have a Canvas Scaler forcing the scale. Try playing with the settings in the components attached to the Canvas. Or remove the ones that are fixing the size of the Canvas. UI can sometimes be counter intuitive.

well, it turns out its editable by just changing the canvas values from the prefab without actually double-clicking it, I overlooked that I guess.

1 Like