Can't select button when hovering over them

I am working on the New Squashy Toad BETA (Section 4, Lecture 61), and can’t seem to get the buttons to select when I hover over them. I was not able to get them to select with Standalone Input Module nor with Gaze Input Module. Please help. Thanks.

I resolved it myself. Using the Inspector I went to Canvas and added the Main Camera to the Event Camera setting. Let me know if you are having a similar issue and I will be happy to screenshot my changes and share them with you. BTW, I don’t think I saw the instructor add this camera in the lecture, so it could be that I missed a step and is why I was having issues. Cheers.

1 Like

Hey Humptyhumps
I am also having an issue with the button UI on the Squashy Toad Beta. The buttons work in the Main Scene created in earlier lectures but not in this Level1 scene, my frog simply continues to jump forward in the scene rather than the button be selected.

I have set up print statements to debug and also using coloured pressed states of buttons to see if the button is triggered but a mouse click doesn’t seem to be selecting the button - only jumping the frog. It would be great if you could explain what you have done to fix this problem or as you said, show a screenshot?

Thanks.

I also noticed that they replaced the GazeInputModule with GvrPointerInputModule

Hello HumptyHumps,
I have a similar problem and I need a screenshot of your changes pliz.
I would be grateful.
I will be waiting for your reply.
Thanx

Privacy & Terms