Can't progress

Won’t let me build when opening, also don’t have a workspace file in the directory. Please help.

You can right-click on the uproject and have it generate visual studio files. This may help but you may have to use visual studio community to build your project, at least this time anyway.

1 Like

I ended up just re-doing the course up to this point, since it wasn’t that much to do, but now ran into another problem. I was able to open it in visual studio code, build it as instructed, but now when I try to open either from the project file or from unreal editor it still says the same thing that it needs to be re-built.

the terminal output gives this error though:
C:\Unreal Engine\UE_5.3\Engine\Source\predefined C++ types (compiler internal)(420): error C2248: ‘FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord::FHazardRecord’: cannot access private member declared in class ‘FHazardPointerCollection::FHazardRecord’

Because of this issue, I found this post:

Compiling issue. UE5.3rn5s12_gaOTY2MTc5NTk4LjE3MDUwMDcxMTI._ga_2C81L26GR9*MTcxMDc5MTE3Mi4yNi4xLjE3MTA3OTE3MzUuMC4wLjA.

Which Removed the error

Ah yes, the new Visual Studio build issues. Glad you got it sorted.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms