Can't launch the project due to compilation errror

Hi, I’ve been following along with the tutorials so far and I just got to the section for Closing the door and it’s gone a bit screwy on me.

Now I’ve uploaded the project to GitLab so I can work across multiple computers and recently cloned it to my desktop. When this happened I didn’t have the .sln file (due to not tracking it with the gitignore). To rebuild it I create a temp c++ file since I couldn’t find anywhere else to get it to rebuild. Everything was working fine for a little bit, but I just finished the section with coding the CloseDoor() function and while I can open up the solution in Visual Studios 2017, build it, and that all goes perfectly well, Unreal doesn’t recognize the changes and when I compile in there I get errors. I tried closing the project and was about to restart, but now I can’t launch the project from Unreal. It’s saying I’m missing an EscapeTheRoom dll and asks to try and rebuild it, but when i select yes it’s saying it cannot be compiled manually, but when I do that, well like I was saying earlier what i’m doing in VS doesn’t seem to take in unreal anymore.

Anyone seen anything like this, it sucks cause I’d really rather not restart the project to get to this point (not that it would take too long, but if this happens again with more content, that’s no good) and for reference actually what’s a good way of rebuilding the sln file when cloning the project to a new workspace.

Privacy & Terms