Can't Get Working on Quest 3 and Mac

Hello,

I’ve looked through other comments as well as online and haven’t been able to find a solution. I cannot get the scene loaded on my quest while using my Mac (Apple M2 Pro chip). The headset is appearing in the Unity Android section of the Build Settings but when I push play, nothing happens.

Has anyone else had this experience? I feel like it should be possible to make this work on a Mac, but I’m a noob and have no clue. Am I missing something? Please help!

The main thing as far as I know is ensure your Oculus app is opened in advance and both the app and oculus itself are both set to developer mode. This is because you’re basically uploading an unsigned/verified app into your quest.

The other thing to try is to get something working via Steam instead of using Unity. This means the link to your Oculus is working just fine and you only have to then troubleshoot the unity link.

Unfortunately my advice ends here because I have neither a Quest 3 or a Mac. You could try reaching out to the VR section of the discord, possibly ask in the mac section of Unreal Source

Just for anyone who has this issue in the future, as of writing, it appears it’s not possible to use Quest Link with Mac. There are potential work arounds like possibly using Parallels or building the APK then connecting the Quest to the Mac (see Discord discussion), but that seems like the extent of it as of now. I appreciate all the help Brian!

1 Like

I’m sorry I couldn’t provide you with an actual solution in this case but there’s little anyone can do. I wonder if this is related to the mac, oculus or Unity, and I wonder if it is Unity, would this work in Unreal? I suspect it is more in the oculus side of things TBH.

Privacy & Terms