Can't get transparency

I cannot get the transparency, can you help me please?, thank you

Which Render Engine are you using?

both cycles and eevee, and in both is the same situation

Eevee needs some digging to get the transparency turned on. While I don’t remember all the steps off the top of my head I think @capa14 (could be mestaken) posted a link to a youtube vid showing the steps.

However, before you spend a bunch of time searching for that, take a moment to look at your Math Node. Consider that the factor for the Mix Node opperates on a range of 0 to 1 and what you are actually passing into it.

Hint: drop an extra Diffuse Shader in and connect it to the material output, then connect your math node to the color input. Everything you want transparent should be black.

The value of your Less than is too much…

You see… you need to adjust the value according to the texture.
If you enable the addon “Node Wrangler” and Ctrl+Shift Click you’ll see that the result is pure white…

Using this as factor to the Mix Shader means that it will use just the Diffuse Shader. (Factor in a mix shader works like: Black top and White bottom.)

You need to change the value until you have a black and white image like this

This way the factor will work properly black transparent and white diffuse.
Ctrl+Shift Click the Mix Shader again to see the result

Additionally in Eevee you need to change in the settings of the Material the Blend Mode and the Shadow Mode to Alpha Clip

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms