Can't get Cinemachine to work right

Hello! The last time I posted, you guys were really helpful so here I am, coming to you with another issue. I’m trying to get Cinemachine to transition correctly as it shows in the tutorial. I have reviewed the videos and nothing seems to be working with Cinemachine. I’ll include screenshots.

The camera isn’t following my player here at all as it is supposed to.

I tried to reinstall Cinemachine and update Unity but it didn’t fix my original issue which was that I couldn’t get the camera to transition in its orthographic sizing when the player moved. Now I’m having another issue so hopefully, we can resolve both of them. Thanks in advance!

Hi,

First of all, remove the player from the “Follow” field and reassign it. Make sure that the player from the Hierarchy gets assigned, not the Player prefab from the Assets folder. Then test your game again.

Did it work this time?

That got it! I’ll go through the tutorial more to the point where I was having issues again and see if my other issue comes up and post again. Thank you so much!

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms