Can't download the standard assets pack

I have a problem. I’m using the newest version of Unity (2019.3.7f1) and I can’t seem to download the standard assets pack being used in lecture 84. When I click on ‘import package’ there is only one option, which is ‘custom package’. When I go to the download link for the asset pack, I get a message saying that the package has been deprecated. Help, please :slight_smile:

I figured out a way! Go to Unity Hub and ‘Installs’. Click ‘Add’ and click on ‘download archive’. Locate a 2017 version, click on the windows or mac download and choose standard assets. Install them a place where you can find them. Then you just drag the package into the Unity editor :slight_smile:

Welcome to your community! And good job on solving the problem yourself. Also thanks for sharing your solution. :slight_smile:

Alternatively to downgrading to an earlier version of Unity, one could download the Standard Assets package for newer versions of Unity from the Unity Assets store. See here:

https://assetstore.unity.com/packages/essentials/asset-packs/standard-assets-for-unity-2017-3-32351

Updated Mon Mar 30 2020 13:02
It seems the Standard Assets are gone again. They sometimes appear in the Unity Asset store, and sometimes disappear. Really annoying.

Depending on the package you need, you could also take a look at Window > Package Manager in newer versions of Unity. Some assets are already included there.

FYI, I tried the method above and downloaded the Standard Assets pack. It doesn’t contain the Waypoints script. The list I get on import doesn’t look like Bens list in the video., Some things are the same, others aren’t.

It is also not found in Windows -> Package Manager.

Can you leave this thread open for longer than 24 hours, in the hope we find a solution. Otherwise this section of the course grinds to a halt before we’ve really started.

Good news, I have the full answer. I will copy/paste and add the required additional info…

Go to Unity Hub and ‘Installs’.
Click ‘Add’ and click on ‘download archive’.
Locate a 2017 version - ******* specifically, 2017.3.0 *******
Click on the windows or mac download and choose standard assets.
Install them a place where you can find them.
Then you just drag the package into the Unity editor

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms