Can't Convert Blueprint Project to C++ Project

Hi - After becomming frustrated in a later lecture that I could not see the ‘c++ classes’ folder in the UE interfaace in Unreal 4.25.1 - I thought perhaps that I had failed to successfully convert my project to c++. However i did recall waiting for a long compile time after following the instructions in this video.

I recalled a previous video indicating that the C++ classes folder can be hidden.

In the content browser, bottom right you’ll see an eyeball saying “View Options” click it and tick the “Show C++ Classes” tickbox. You should then see the C++ Folder as shown in the later video.

If one of the video makers see this can we please have this mentioned in the video?

@Timothy_Murphy Do you have any other information of steps you might have taken perhaps outside of the lecture? I only ask because I recorded everything from a fresh Unreal 4.25 project without manually setting Show C++ classes manually and as soon as I created the first C++ class this was automatically toggled by the engine.

Just trying to get a better understanding of why it might not have worked for you that way so I know what to add into the lecture.

Hi mate! You were fast! I’ll Review what I did and get back to you as soon as I can- just off the top of my head I know I watched a few videos before implementing anything- and I may have done something out of order… actually I recall initially getting the error you mentioned but I’d clicked the button to rebuild. I’ll retest from a fresh project to see what happens. Sorry if I’ve not been careful to follow your steps!

Interesting… i’ve just created a fresh blueprint project and it’s ticked on as “show classes”.
I’d have to uninstall the engine to be certain if its on by default or not.
… that said i’m pretty damn sure It was on for my previous project with this engine version; so i cant imagine how it could have changed from ‘on’ to ‘off’- i never go into that list of options. (which is why it took me so long to find)

I have two engine versions and i have recently stopped using the old and started on 4.25.1

I doubt i’ll know anything further until i install a new version of the engine.
I’m sorry I dont have anything concrete for you.

Guys - I too cannot complete the step to add C++ class. I follow the tutorial video very precisely but when I click create class, instead of compiling I get an error: Failed to add class ‘PawnBase’. Failed to read template file “…/…/…/Engine/Content/Editor/Templates/GameModule.Build.cs.template”

Privacy & Terms