Can't bake cavity correctly

When following the instructions of this video, I am getting the bake result in the lower left that looks nothing like Grant’s result. I have tried to redo several times and changed the color ramp values to make less dark but nothing was working. Does anyone have any solutions to this?

1 Like

Hey there! Below are some really helpful links from the gamedev community that help with Baking in Blender pretty often from what I’ve seen.

WIKI - Interesting forum topics, problem solving issues - Blender Courses / Talk - GameDev.tv
There’s a section in this link above specifically subtitled “Problems when baking” try checking those out. The very first link in that section, NP5 gives a nice post with steps to solve a majority of baking-cavity issues. If you have trouble finding it still let me know.

This helped me whenever I got stuck on the same section, so give it a shot, but if you still can’t get it working, please let us know and maybe someone can help with the file directly. It took me a little over an hour of tweaking the details even after reviewing the link and pages, so take your time.

2 Likes

Thank you that was able to fix my issues with cavity baking!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 24 hours after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.

Privacy & Terms